Employment Agreement (NZ)
- Sets out the terms and conditions upon which the owner of a business engages an employee to work in their business.
- Can be used for full time, part time or casual employees.
- Protects your confidentiality and intellectual property
- Drafted in plain English by New Zealand lawyers
- Easily customisable
What is an Employment Agreement?
An employment agreement is an agreement between a business (employer) and a person it hires to work for them ( an employee). This agreement sets out all the terms of engagement and defines the roles and obligations of both parties
Who can use it?
- Can be used for full-time, part-time and casual employees.
- Suitable for use by New Zealand businesses
Do I need it?
Yes! A contract protects both the employer and employee. It provides certainty and clarity by setting out the terms of engagement and the obligations of both parties.
What does it cover?
- Customisable schedule containing key Employment terms
- Commencement, duration and pobation (trial) period (if any)
- Position, duties and reporting lines
- Leave entitlements
- Intellectual Property
- Restraint of Trade (restraints on the employee post termination)
- Termination clauses
- Dispute Resolution
- Other general legal clauses typically included in an Employee Agreement.
How do I use it?
Complete the template, have it agreed and signed by both parties. Both parties keep a fully signed copy of the document for future reference.
Note: if you are hiring someone as a contractor rather than an employee, check out our Independent Contractor Agreement (NZ)
Please note that using our online services and templates doesn’t constitute legal advice and doesn’t create a lawyer-client relationship between you and Legally Healthy.
If you have questions about the template and whether it fits your specific needs or need legal advice, feel free to book in a free consultation.
The information offered on www.legallyhealthy.com.au should be considered informational only and is NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
Can I use this template if I live outside of New Zealand?
This template adheres to employment law applicable in New Zealand and therefore suitable for those doing business in New Zealand. If your business is located outside of New Zealand and you choose to buy this template, we recommend you have it checked/amended by a lawyer qualified in your jurisdiction.
Is this template legally binding?
Yes. It is drafted by qualified New Zealand lawyers and is legally binding.
What file format does the template come in?
How do I complete the template?
All our templates come with instructions on how to complete them. You complete the highlighted text in the template in order to personalise to suit your business needs, then you save, delete any explanatory comments in the template, remove any remaining highlight and you are ready to use it. Feel free to add your branding and logo. We think your legals should fit seamlessly into your business branding.
How long does it take to complete?
Approx. 15-30 mins
How often the templates updated?
We are constantly updating and adding to our template library . We may update minor wording and formatting in our documents from time to time.
If the law changes though, we’ll email you with the changes and updates to add to your existing templates. You have lifetime access, so any updates are provided free of charge.