Terms of Sale (NZ)
- Sets out all the terms and conditions for clients buying products or services from you such as bookings, payment, cancellations, refunds, guarantees and warranties.
- Protects your confidential information and intellectual property.
- Limits your liability to your clients.
- Drafted in plain English by New Zealand lawyers
- Easily customisable
What are Terms of Sale?
This is one of the most important documents you will use in your business as it describes all the rules around clients buying products or services from you such as bookings, payment, cancellation, refunds, guarantees and warranties. It also contains clauses that protect your intellectual property, and limit your liability if things go wrong.
Who can use it?
- Health practitioners in New Zealand selling health related services and/ or products either online, in a clinic , or a combination of online and in clinic.
- Best suited to sole traders and small to medium sized health and wellness businesses with simple offerings i.e. sale of certain products, and consultation services or mix of both.
Do I need it?
If you sell goods and services, then yes you need it. If you sell goods and services online then it is a legal requirement to have terms and conditions available on your website.
Benefits of having terms of sale:
- Sets clear rules for clients purchasing goods and services from you
- Establishes clear boundaries for your clients
- Protects you from certain legal risk and limits your liability to your clients if something goes wrong.
- Complies the clauses necessary to comply with New Zealand Consumer Law.
- Makes you look professional.
What does it cover?
- Client responsibilities ie to show up for consultations, provide notice for cancellation , complete intake forms etc
- Fees and payment terms
- Warranties and consumer guarantees – important legal wording you are required to have in your terms
- Limitation of liability – limits your liability to your client if things go wrong.
- Orders, Cancellations & Refunds
- Intellectual Property
- Dispute Resolution
- Medical disclaimer
- Customisable terms for Services you offer such as consultations, testing, programs and courses
- Customisable terms for Products you sell such as supplements, e-books, meals plans etc.
Where do I publish it ?
Please note that using our online services and templates doesn’t constitute legal advice and doesn’t create a lawyer-client relationship between you and Legally Healthy.
If you have questions about the template and whether it fits your specific needs or need legal advice, feel free to book in a free consultation.
The information offered on www.legallyhealthy.com.au should be considered informational only and is NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
Can I use this template if I live outside of New Zealand?
This template adheres to New Zealand law and is therefore suitable for those doing business in New Zealand. While similar principles may apply in your jurisdiction, please consult with a lawyer qualified in your jurisdiction.
Is this template legally binding?
Yes. It is drafted by qualified New Zealand lawyers and is legally binding.
What file format does the template come in?
How do I complete the template?
All our templates come with instructions on how to complete them. You complete the highlighted text in the template in order to personalise to suit your business needs, then you save, delete any explanatory comments in the template, remove any remaining highlight and you are ready to use it. Feel free to add your branding and logo. We think your legals should fit seamlessly into your business branding.
How long does it take to complete?
Approx. 15-30 mins depending on the complexity of your offerings.
How often the templates updated?
We are constantly updating and adding to our template library . We may update minor wording and formatting in our documents from time to time.
If the law changes though, we’ll email you with the changes and updates to add to your existing templates. You have lifetime access, so any updates are provided free of charge.