Virtual Assistant Agreement
- This agreement is suitable if you are a business looking to hire a VA, or a VA looking to offer your services to a business.
- Sets out the scope of services and clearly defines the obligations of both parties during the engagement
- Drafted in plain English by Australian lawyers
- Quick and easy customisable terms & conditions
What is a Virtual Assistant Agreement?
A virtual assistant agreement is an agreement between the principal (business) and a contractor (VA) under which the VA provides the services of a virtual assistant / to the principal, for a fee.
Who can use it?
- All Australian businesses looking to hire a VA either locally or from overseas, to provide administrative type services to their business
- All VA’s (located in Australia or overseas) looking to offer virtual administrative type services to a business.
Do I need it?
Yes! If you are hiring a VA (or looking to offer your services) it is important to have a contract in place to clearly set out the terms of the agreement including the roles and obligations of both parties.
What does it cover?
- Services to be provided by the Contractor
- Fee to be paid by the Principal
- Leave, super, salary and tax obligations
- Insurance requirements
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Privacy obligations
- Warranties, indemnities, and liabilities
- Termination rights
- Dispute Resolution
- Governing Law (Australian law)
And other general legal clauses typically included in a VA Agreement.
How do I use it?
Once the commercial details of the arrangement have been agreed, complete the template , have both parties review and agree to it . Once agreed, both parties sign it and each party keeps a fully executed copy (or signed counterpart) for their records
Please note that using our online services and templates doesn’t constitute legal advice and doesn’t create a lawyer-client relationship between you and Legally Healthy.
If you have questions about the template and whether it fits your specific needs or need legal advice, feel free to book in a free consultation.
The information offered on www.legallyhealthy.com.au should be considered informational only and is NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
Is this template suitable for all states and territories?
Yes, it is suitable for use in all states and territories in Australia.
Can I use this template if I live outside of Australia?
This template is designed for those doing business in Australia. While similar principles may apply in your jurisdiction, please consult with a lawyer qualified in your jurisdiction.
Is this template legally binding?
It sure is! It is drafted by qualified Australia lawyers and is legally binding.
What file format does the template come in?
How do I complete the template?
All our templates come with instructions on how to complete them. You complete the highlighted text in the template to personalise to suit your business needs, then you save, delete any explanatory comments in the template, remove any remaining highlight and you are ready to use it. Feel free to add your branding and logo. We think your legals should fit seamlessly into your business branding.
How long does it take to complete?
Approximately 5-10 mins.
How often are the templates updated?
We are constantly updating and adding to our template library . We provide minor updates to wording and formatting in our documents.
If the law changes, we’ll email you with the changes and updates to add to your existing templates. You have lifetime access, so any updates are provided free of charge.