Get Started Bundle (NZ)
- A bundle of essential templates for New Zealand natural health practitioners who are either in the start-up phase, or don’t yet have any legal documents in place.
- Includes :
- Terms of Sale
- Informed Consent
- Article/Blog Disclaimer
- Email Disclaimer
- Bundled together so you SAVE!
- Drafted in plain English by qualified lawyers
What does the bundle include?
- Terms of Sale - describes all the rules around clients buying products or services from you such as bookings, payment, cancellation, refunds, guarantees and warranties. It also contains clauses that protect your intellectual property, and limit your liability if things go wrong.
- Informed Consent – In this form, your client acknowledges you have informed them of the types of treatment and remedies you may use as well as the potential risks and benefits. Your client also agrees to inform you of key matters that may affect their treatment and to contact you if they experience any side effects from remedies you give them.
- Article /Blog Disclaimer - This template contains a warning that you are not legally responsible for the information contained in a blog /article or handout you wrote.
- Email Disclaimer - A formal warning attached to all your emails to say that you are not legally responsible for the information sent in your email.
Who is this bundle suitable for?
Suitable for sole traders, and small businesses with simple offerings i.e. you sell products, do consults and/or offer simple programs. It is best suited to unregistered health practitioners such as naturopaths, nutritionists, health coaches, homeopaths etc. but is customisable so may be used by all health practitioners with simple offerings.
Do I need these documents?
If you sell goods and services, a robust terms of sale is necessary. If you sell via your website then you are legally required to have terms and conditions on your website.
While informed consent is not legally required for unregistered health practitioners, most industry codes of conduct do require it and most associations will also require it. It is also best practice to have your clients sign one and helps protect both you and the client from misunderstandings.
Disclaimers aren’t always essential, but if you work in the health space we recommend them as it makes clear you will not be legally responsible for the content, so helps reduce your risk.
What do I do once these templates are completed?
The informed consent document should be sent out to clients who book a consult with you, or given to them to complete at their initial consultation. It should be signed BEFORE your client receives treatment.
Article /Blog Disclaimer -this can be added to the footer of all your blogs and articles.
Email disclaimer – this can be added to the bottom of all outgoing emails (usually added to the bottom of your signature so that it is automatically added to all outgoing emails).
Is this all I need?
Without knowing your personal business setup it is impossible to answer this, but this bundle will certainly go a long way in covering most practitioners, who have simple offerings. If you hire staff, you may also want to check out our “Teams Bundle NZ”. If you’re not sure what else you need, feel free to book a free Legally Healthy consultation via our website and we can recommend other templates or bundles that might be helpful for you.
Please note that using our online services and templates doesn’t constitute legal advice and doesn’t create a lawyer-client relationship between you and Legally Healthy.
If you have questions about the template and whether it fits your specific needs or need legal advice, feel free to book in a free consultation.
The information offered on www.legallyhealthy.com.au should be considered informational only and is NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
Can I use the templates in this bundle if I live outside of New Zealand?
The templates in this bundle adhere to New Zealand law and are therefore suitable for those doing business in New Zealand. While similar principles may apply in your jurisdiction, please consult with a lawyer qualified in your jurisdiction.
Are these templates legally binding?
Yes. They are drafted by qualified lawyers and are legally binding.
What file format do the templates come in?
How do I complete the templates?
All our templates come with instructions on how to complete them. You complete the highlighted text in the template in order to personalise to suit your business needs, then you save, delete any explanatory comments in the template, remove any remaining highlight and you are ready to use it. Feel free to add your branding and logo. We think your legals should fit seamlessly into your business branding.
How long does will it take to complete all the templates?
Approx. 30-50 mins
How often are the templates updated?
We are constantly updating and adding to our template library . We may update minor wording and formatting in our documents from time to time.
If the law changes though, we’ll email you with the changes and updates to add to your existing templates. You have lifetime access, so any updates are provided free of charge.